Collections RepresentativeApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Collections Representative to join our team. The Collections Representative is responsible for Performing collection of assigned delinquent accounts by telephone, correspondence, email, and in person. Putting the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Determines appropriate plan of action for each delinquent account, i.e., letter and telephone.
- Contacts members regarding delinquent accounts, including MasterCard and negative balances, and handles all follow-up work related to the member contact.
- Completes follow-up work for members who have not continued repayment schedule as agreed upon.
- Cross-sells members on all credit union products and services.
- Completes follow-up work of appropriate reports, i.e., off payroll report.
- Prepares accounts for potential charge off.
- Rewrites our regular loans and workouts on MasterCard as required.
- Conducts all member contact in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and accomplishes the job of collecting in a dignified manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is of a generally sedentary nature with limited need to lift or otherwise move objects (10 lbs or under). Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Requires manual dexterity and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must also be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous collections experience and familiarity with collection laws preferred. Must have good computer skills and good communication skills.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume. To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.