Compliance SpecialistApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Compliance Officer to join our team. The Compliance Officer is responsible for the monitoring of member transactions, as they relate to BSA compliance. Primary contact for all BSA compliance related issues, including but not limited to Incident Reports, CTRs and SARs. Secondary contact for the Compliance CUSO and responsible for investigating and minimizing depository fraud. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
Understands compliance issues as they relate to BSA and attend all training programs related to this function.
- Follow departmental procedures for BSA monitoring as required to ensure Credit Union remains BSA compliant.
- Ensure that all BSA policies, procedures, risk profiles remain current through a constant review aligning with the best practices for a growing credit union.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly BSA audit reports and tracking.
- Keep all BSA reports and tracking current and lead the monthly BSA meetings, including recommending account activity for SAR filings.
- Play an active role in all BSA examinations both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain a robust member due diligence and risk rating methodology at the time of account opening to identify higher risk members and high risk accounts based on account profile and expected account activity.
- Establish enhanced due diligence procedures for performing periodic member relationship reviews on higher risk members and accounts. Ensure all procedures used to identify and monitor higher risk accounts are well documented.
- Monitor and track quality of Currency Transaction Reports. Communicate issues as appropriate.
- Utilize internal reports to monitor “high risk” account relationships to determine reportable suspicious activity.
- Complete all research on SAR Incident Reports received and ensure the filing of the approved SARS and 90 day reviews are completed within regulated timeframe.
- Conduct staff and member interviews or follow-up on SAR activity and/or fraud investigations.
- Thoroughly document all decisions to file or not to file a SAR.
- File all CTR’s electronically with FinCEN.
- Send a periodic email reminding all employees and managers of their responsibility to report suspicious activity.
- Manage information sharing with FinCEN and other financial institutions as applicable.
- Responsible for completing the 314(a) FinCEN biweekly notification membership scrub.
- Responsible for conducting the OFAC monthly membership scrub through our third-party vendor and reporting positive hits to OFAC in a timely manner and blocking accounts, when necessary.
- Review transactions that Yellow Hammer populates in the worklists as outlined in Yellow Hammer procedures. Maximizes the recovery of depository fraud losses (i.e. check fraud, ATM fraud, wire fraud, remote deposit capture, etc.)
- Represent the credit union in court t and work closely with law enforcement, other governmental agencies and/or attorney(s).
- Responsible for completing subpoena and search warrant request within the given time frame.
- Responsible for completing the Field of Membership (FOM) audit.
- Be primary contact person for all fraud perpetrated against the credit union, excluding plastic card and investigate and track all Identity Theft cases.
- Conduct all employee account audits and report findings in a timely manner.
- Stay current on regulations impacting the credit union.
- Be a liaison with the Compliance CUSO and the credit union.
- Responsible for working with the Compliance CUSO to develop and maintain a compliance management system.
- Responsible for working with the Compliance CUSO and analyzing new and pending laws that could directly affect the Credit Union’s current practices.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a tracking process for Compliance CUSO recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Develop and maintain a library of compliance resources.
- As backup, conduct Non-financial audits.
- As backup, process debit card fraud and dispute claims, including filing with PSCU and CUNA Mutual Group, when necessary.
- Process fraud disputes and affidavits for deposit account fraud
- Primary contact for all “phishing” issues.
- Responsible for tracking and investigating (when necessary) all “account abuse” emails and all ‘empty envelope’ emails from staff and take appropriate action.
- Responsible for tracking current fraud trends that the credit union is seeing and communicating monthly to the Director, Risk Management.
- Be cross-trained to handle all legal orders received at the credit union. (Domestic Account freezes, Tax Levies and Writs of Executions)
- Comply with the Sun East Federal Credit Union’s Code of Conduct.
- Assist in Branch Audits.
- Secondary BSA Officer.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
A college degree with a minimum of three (3) years of BSA, AML, audit or compliance experience required. A thorough knowledge of credit union practices, policies, procedures, operations, products, services and regulations preferred. Strong problem solving, decision-making and communication skills required with the ability to act independently and direct investigations into BSA, AML, OFAC or USA Patriot Act situations, as required.
A certification in BSA or the ability to pass the certification test, within 12-18 months to serve as the Secondary BSA Compliance Officer.
Assist in maintaining the BSA/AML, OFAC and ACH risk assessments.
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.