Lending ManagerApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Director of Lending to join our team. The Director of Lending is responsible for the staffing, planning, and day to day operations of the Consumer Lending Department. Working with the VP, Lending Programs, coordinates and directs the overall lending program through all delivery channels, ensuring that all organizational sales and service strategies are implemented. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Assists in formulating departmental goals, strategies, and operating policies, and directs implementation of approved changes.
- Knowledgeable and current on all Regulatory issues. Ensures compliance with all Federal and State Lending Regulations and Statutes, Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and all Credit Union policies and procedures. Obtain and maintain all federal and state appropriate licensing as required.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining lending procedures manuals and assures staff compliance with the same.
- Makes recommendations on employees regarding employment, performance appraisals, salary changes, promotions, transfers or terminations.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with all Lending third party vendors.
- Assists in preparing and adhering to the annual budget with regard to the projected income and expenditures for all loan products and equipment.
- Guides personnel to achieve optimum performance levels through effective monitoring of all lending delivery channels.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication with members and staff.
- Responsible for all departmental tracking and incentive requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between management and staff, ensuring that staff is kept informed of credit union financial expectations and results.
- Recommends optimal rates for loan products that support the asset/liability strategy of the organization.
- Coordinates and oversees the Loan Review Process, ensuring compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and member qualification.
- In conjunction with Management, coordinates the organizational process to ensure that all loan applications generated by all delivery channels, including the branches and Contact Center, are processed in a timely manner.
- Creates reporting needed to monitor loan queues to effectively manage loan processing times.
- Counsels members as necessary on the most difficult loans and/or loan related problems.
- Resolves all member/staff related questions and problems that arise.
- Sells credit union services to new members and cross-sells credit union services to existing members in a pleasant and positive manner, when necessary.
- Fills in for any Lending position and handles all job duties related to this position, when necessary.
- Prepares various loan reports for Management and Regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains relationships with third parties and automobile dealers who participate in indirect lending programs, including periodic visits to dealerships as necessary.
- Ensures and assists lending staff to obtain and maintain state appropriate licenses as required
- Directs sales and service activities to ensure annual goals are met and relationships with current and potential members are maximized
- Ensures employees have the opportunity to attend all required training
- Understands and develops profitable member relationship models and be able to communicate these to staff
- Proactively keep abreast of changes in the financial services industry and effectively communicates these changes to staff
- Takes initiative for self-directed training and acquires skills to enhance personal performance
- Develops, implements and improves processes related to sales, service and job responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is of a generally sedentary nature with limited need to lift or otherwise move objects (10 lbs or under). Must be able to sit for extended periods of time but also walk and stand for periods of time. Requires manual dexterity, the ability to perform repetitive motions and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must also be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance or other related field plus minimum of 5 years of experience in lending and previous supervisory experience required. Knowledge of Federal Lending Regulations. Good computer skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills.
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.