Loan OfficerApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Loan Officer to join our team. The Loan Officer is responsible for processing and underwriting loan applications from all consumer loan products in the centralized lending unit. Interacts with members through Internet, by fax, by telephone and through the mail. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
Provides loan-underwriting support for all credit union products through all delivery channels.
- Processes loan applications through the computer system and disburses loan proceeds.
- Required underwriting experience with all consumer loan requests including auto, credit cards, personal and real estate loan.
- Approves loans within specified lending authority and refer loan applications outside those limits to designated personnel with appropriate lending authority.
- Assists members with questions regarding loan pricing and payment calculations.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to all credit union branches.
- Answers general loan questions and problems, including car value inquiries.
- Completes assigned training on a timely basis; demonstrates good working knowledge of credit union policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is of a generally sedentary nature with limited need to lift or otherwise move objects (10 lbs. or under). Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Requires manual dexterity and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must also be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 1 year of experience in the financial services industry is required. Computer knowledge, good analytical skills, ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with complete understanding of credit union loan policies. Ability to manage time effectively, possess good problem solving skills, and make sound credit decisions based on existing underwriting guidelines. Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance Requirements as they relate to lending. Some evenings and Saturdays may be required.
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume. To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.