Marketing ManagerApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
Sun East is currently looking for a Marketing Manager to join their team. The Marketing Manager is responsible for participating in the creation and implementation of tactical marketing and social media programs, as well as public relations and business development initiatives, to support the goals as set forth in the Strategic Marketing Plan. To coordinate the implementation of marketing promotions for new and existing Sun East products and services across multiple delivery channels. To participate and lead creative development of marketing communications which uphold Sun East branding standards, communicate sound financial knowledge and ensure regulatory compliance. To recommend process and procedure improvements to enhance the overall member and staff experience by seeking more effective means to distribute information and by creating support materials and tools for retail and online channels. To oversee implementation of adopted and revised communications processes, procedures and materials. To assist the VP of Marketing and Business Development in creating a high quality work environment where staff are motivated to perform at their highest levels, by providing leadership and in enhancing, developing, implementing, and/or enforcing policies and procedures that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Marketing department. To supervise event marketing and community-based outreach initiatives. To participate in an internal and external sales and service culture consistent with the credit union’s mission of exceeding member, staff and community expectations. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS
- Working with the VP of Marketing and Business Development, participates in the development of, coordination and implementation of tactical plans designed to maximize identified marketing opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of local markets, regulatory and advertising compliance, Sun East brand values, products and competitive offerings in working with the Marketing team to develop and place strategically aligned and branded collateral material including outdoor, print advertising, email, direct mail pieces, branch collateral (posters, countercards, brochures, displays, InLighten) signage and online content and digital marketing.
- Participates in the development of and supervises creative development including the design, layout, copy, content and coordination of printing of marketing collateral, annual report, signage, brochures, letterhead, envelopes, forms, applications, the portal, Website and other electronic communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Supervises the workflow of the Marketing Database Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Communications and Public Relations Coordinator, Marketing Clerk and event staff.
- Traffics department projects and materials production responsibilities of the department.
- Develops Public Relations Strategies to leverage press opportunities to promote Sun East as an organization, its employees, credit union activities and its involvement in the community.
- Works with the Marketing Communications and Public Relations Coordinator to maintain regular communication with press contacts in mainstream media, community outlets and industry journals. Works with the VP of Marketing and Business Development to define objectives for retail branding initiatives and implement these objectives.
- Manages day-to-day workflow of new branch and merchandising projects.
- Works to ensure the timely deployment of marketing and promotional campaigns in retail spaces, the mobile branch and SEG delivery channels to meet brand standards
- Develops and implements internal communication plans for marketing and other departments via Sun East’s portal and other appropriate methods to assure the member contact staff are effectively informed and have ready access to specific marketing and other credit union activities, offers and timelines, products, policies and procedures.
- Supervises the implementation of promotional activities, special events and public relations activities aimed at maximizing product sales and services to members and the community.
- Manages credit union vendor relationships including printers, advertising outlets, message-on-hold, statement and web service providers.
- Works with VP of Marketing and Business Development to secure contracts and pricing to maximize the marketing budget.
- Manages affiliate marketing partnerships.
- Oversees the generation of campaign reports, ecommerce reports, research initiatives, digital performance reports, and decks for committee or board presentations
- Oversees proper maintenance of marketing department records, including campaign files, vendor due diligence, and business continuity planning documents.
- Participates in the evaluation of marketing results and modifies tactical marketing activities leveraging marketing experiences/results.
- Participates in the development, testing and implementation of new products and product enhancements, as appropriate.
- Keeps informed of latest trends in consumer protection/privacy laws, current credit union policies and procedures, rate changes, financial institution trends and developments, advertising compliance regulations and related credit union issues.
- Writes and administers annual performance evaluations while providing constructive coaching and career development guidance for direct reports.
- Ability to write and deliver disciplinary action when necessary with tact and diplomacy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Must be able to perform work of a very physical nature including the ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds. Additionally must be able to sit for extended periods of time, when necessary. Requires manual dexterity and visual ability (focusing on accuracy and thoroughness of visual material) to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must be able to deliver and receive verbal communication. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent plus 5 to 7 years of marketing experience with minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Prior supervisory experience with the proven ability to motivate, develop and work in a team environment.
- Experience in financial services industry preferred with strong knowledge of financial products and services.
- Above average presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills in desktop publishing and Microsoft Office.
- Need to be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- This is a fast-paced position.
- Ability and willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule; and able to actively participate in developing innovative solutions and to teamwork.
NOTE: This job requires attendance at events that take place in the evening and on weekends. This job requires responding to social media inquiries that can occur during non-traditional working hours. This job may require local travel up to 10% and may require annual travel to conferences or industry meetings that may occur outside of the local area.
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.