Member Service RepresentativeApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Member Service Representative to join our team. The Member Service Representative is responsible for meeting the members’ needs and demands in regards to product and service recommendations and account maintenance requests in a pleasant and positive manner. Additionally perform face to face member transactions accurately and efficiently while supporting the daily routine activities required behind the teller line. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
OB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Opens new accounts and follows-up with any necessary paperwork; reviews schedule of fees, product features/rates, and account terms such as funds availability, the electronic banking agreement, and disclosures.
- Interviews members, completes loan applications and disburses loan proceeds
- Cross-sells members on all credit union products and services and refers members to Sun East Retirement & Investment Services (SERIS) when appropriate
- Explains the credit union electronic services such as SUNNY, Home Banking, Bill Pay services and Mobile Banking.
- Answers members’ questions and solves members’ problems involving both savings and loan accounts and products
- Assists with resolving issues and answering questions about a member’s MasterCard
- Orders and reissues ATM and debit cards
- Explains current promotions of both deposit and loan products; calculates loan payments and certificate interest
- Meets initially with members to complete affidavits and coordinates information about fraudulent and questionable activities
- Handles IRA transactions and questions
- Completes payroll deduction forms and assists members with payroll problems
- Places Stop Payments on share drafts, ACH withdrawals, and bank checks
- Processes death claims
- Processes check orders
- Handles wire transfers and check encoding errors
- Processes address changes
- Closes accounts
- Responsible for processing all incoming departmental mail
- Responsible for completing new accounts and loan applications accurately and for correcting loan and new account errors related to the Branch Scorecard
- Responsible for scanning all new account and existing member account files and documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participates in new member group presentations, sign-ups, and mergers
- Responsible for assisting with the weekly supply order as required
- Assists with settling and refilling the ATM machine, coin machine and other cash dispensers, as required.
- Processes member account transactions through the computer system
- Accepts and disburses cash as required
- Settles cash drawer accurately and in a timely manner
- Processes night deposits
- Processes MasterCard cash advances and settles POS terminal
- Sells, orders, settles and audits traveler’s cheques and VISA gift cards
- Sells and track Money Orders and Cashier Checks
- Completes branch daily settlement, as required
- Scan and transmit checks through Check 21, as required
- Perform Notary and/or medallion signature functions
- Has check signing authority
- Has a working knowledge of sales reports completed by the Manager and be a back-up in Manager’s absence as required
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of Credit Unions and the Credit Union Movement, Credit Union organizational values, products and services, mission statement and vision statement
- Create a productive environment where you can focus on your job responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and consistent sales tracking is completed and submitted on time
- Resolves member problems, questions and complaints in the Branch
- Assists in the training of new personnel as required
- Sells credit union services to new members and cross-sells credit union services to existing members in a pleasant and positive manner, referring members to Sun East Retirement & Investment Services (SERIS) when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Work is primarily of a sedentary, often repetitive nature, however requires the ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, lift and otherwise move objects up to 20 pounds. Additionally must be able to sit for extended periods of time, when necessary. Requires manual dexterity, and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Good public relations skills; basic typing and math skills; good reasoning and problem solving skills; self-starter; ability to communicate effectively; PC familiarity; familiarity with lending policies; ability to transition between multiple roles effectively. Demonstrates a natural sales ability and/or has previous sales experience.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.