Security AdministratorApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members. Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members. Sun East Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Security Analyst to join their Information Technology Team. The Security Analyst is responsible for planning and implementing security measures to protect the credit union’s computer systems, networks, and data. Prevents data loss and service interruptions by keeping up with current security breach trends. The position will also address any reported vulnerabilities to network equipment, as well as implement any software patches required. Security analysts are expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, to anticipate security breaches. Puts the member and fellow employees first exemplifying Sun East’s Core Values in all that you do.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall administration of network security.
- Analyzes user security access levels, and makes recommendations on changes. Once approved, implements changes on a timely basis.
- Proactively assesses potential security risks and opportunities of vulnerability, and reports to IT management. Takes necessary steps to remediate. Anticipates possible security breaches by staying up to date on the latest network intrusion and hacking attempts.
- Utilize departmental resources to monitor networks for incidences of data leakage.
- Investigate potential occurrences and report results to IT Management.
- Regularly perform health checking, penetration testing, and intrusion checking.
- Responsible for the remediation of internal and external network vulnerabilities, patch management of servers, and event log monitoring on a monthly basis, and documenting the completion of each.
- Deploy, update, and maintain network management tools and coordinate efforts with the Information Technology team.
- Assist the Information Technology team with network design, installation, and troubleshooting of new and existing network hardware and software.
- Responsible for maintaining and following change control processes.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing industry standards.
- Documents all job related activity by logging requests received, resolutions used, project status, etc.
- Utilizes effective customer relation and communications skills to maintain professional relationships with internal customers and external vendors.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Develop security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Recommend security enhancements and purchases to IT Management.
- Perform audit activities to report on security configurations on a regular and/or as needed basis.
- Develops security awareness by assisting the Training Department with our annual security educational program, and on-going communication to credit union staff of ongoing security concerns.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Conduct audit of end-user accounts for all systems, data bases and applications.
- Complete an annual risk assessment of the organization’s information security exposures.
- Complete assigned daily/weekly/monthly management reports and ensure all reports and communications are timely and accurate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform work of a very physical, and often repetitive, nature including the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds. Additionally must be able to sit for extended periods of time, when necessary. Requires manual dexterity and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Security, or Networking related field or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification in CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CSA+, CiscoCCNA, or CISSP is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Active Directory and MS Exchange.
- Must have experience in vulnerability remediation and patch management.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must also have a demonstrable understanding of networking technologies in the service provider arena including IP routing, IP, QoS, BGP and MPLS.
- Detail oriented and organizational skills a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with fixed deadlines.
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans. Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.