Junior Financial AdvisorApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Junior Financial Advisor. The Junior Financial Advisor aassists the assists the Senior SERIS Advisor’ in servicing and growing participation in the SERIS program. This position promotes the delivery of products and services to members/clients in a pleasant and positive manner and is responsible for selling, servicing and delivering investment services and other credit union products and services to existing and potential SERIS clients.
- Schedule required number of weekly appointments / referrals for the SERIS program
- Conduct outbound lead generation and follow up calls for SERIS program
- Cross sell credit union products and services to members / clients
- Manage the credit union SERIS referral program
- Conduct regular branch visitation / appointment days
- Develop new lead generation programs
- Plan and execute SERIS marketing initiatives
- Write Mutual Fund tickets of $25k or less, and refer those over $25k to representative
- Interview members / clients and prepare Life Insurance quotes; write life insurance applications
- Assist SERIS Representative with appointment preparation (proposals, quotes, etc.)
- Conduct SEG seminars and participate in SEG visits
- Train credit union staff in SERIS program and initiatives
- Conduct lobby days at credit union branches
- Meet with walk-in appointments and assist with incoming calls
- Maintain all files (client & record keeping) in accordance with established practices and regulatory requirements.
- Follow the established securities and insurance company guidelines and adhere to all company policies
- Participate in all required training and other meetings scheduled by supervisor
- Seeks additional training in areas outside of the job requirements
- Participates in community involvement activities
- Obtains and maintains all professional licensing (Series 6/7, Series 63, life & health, etc.) standards required by the position, including but not limited to state and NASD requirements.
- Complete CUNA Brokerage Services annual Firm Element & continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of Credit Union and credit union movement, Credit Union organizational values, products and services, mission statement and vision statement
- Create a productive environment where you can focus on your job responsibilities and fulfill job expectations
- Foster an environment for employee buy-in to ensure sales goals are attained
- Ensure accurate and consistent tracking is completed and submitted on time
- Reduce barriers that impede staff referral efforts
- Take initiative for self-directed training and acquire skills to enhance personal performance
- Encourage and develop cooperation across the organization
- Be a role model by modeling desired behaviors
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
Work is of a generally sedentary nature with limited need to lift or otherwise move objects (20 lbs. or under). Must be able to sit for extended periods of time but also walking and standing as required. Requires manual dexterity and visual ability (focusing on accuracy and thoroughness of visual material) to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must also be able to deliver and receive verbal communication. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years previous sales experience; previous credit union/banking and/or investment/financial planning experience preferred
- Series 6,7, 63 and Life & Health licenses a plus
- Excellent public speaking skills; positive and outgoing attitude and highly personable; professional appearance and manner.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently; strong organizational skills; good reasoning ability, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong PC skills
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required. This position requires up to 25% travel.
- Industry licenses in the following areas must be acquired within the first four months (if not already licensed):
- Life & Health License
- Series 6
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org. Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.