SR. Graphic DesignerApply Now
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $519 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,500 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a SR. Graphic Designer to join our team. The SR. Graphic Designer is responsible for playing a hands-on design role and will be responsible for working on their own creative design solutions for multiple assignments at a time. This position will be responsible for the overall concept and execution of assigned projects, and will bring the brand to life with speed and conviction, while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. Above all they must have a passion for developing exceptional ground breaking creative work in an incredibly fast paced environment. Puts the member and fellow employees first – every day – exemplifying Sun East’s Mission and Values in all that you do.
- Designs, produces and manages the production of both traditional and contemporary marketing materials for integrated campaigns from conception to completion.
- Updates Credit Union websites using front-end content management systems and provide support to social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Delivers creative solutions and graphics across all media with a special focus on digital and social.
- Mentors and guides junior designer(s) on a variety of projects.
- Transforms initial concepts and ideas into compelling graphics and messaging.
- Assists in creation of marketing tools for other departments, SEG presentations, Expos, member events, and meetings to ensure that the integrity of the credit union’s brand is maintained.
- Contributes ideas to the Marketing Manager and VP, Marketing & Business Development regarding marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with printers and other vendors to obtain accurate price quotes, provide press-ready files, and ensure all projects are completed according to specifications and established timeframes.
- Evaluates emerging technologies in the marketing industry, remains current on graph design trends, and makes recommendations to the Marketing Manager and VP, Marketing & Business Development for implementation as appropriate.
- Participates in available credit union self-development education programs and required compliance courses through self-study, BAI (online training), and the credit union’s training department.
- Ensures that the delivered products or services adhere to brand standards as well as the policies and standards of the Credit Union.
- Completes project work within the timeline and estimated budget.
- Ensures that new techniques and processes are used to provide best quality of designs.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest techniques, software and procedures used in design.
- Suggests new ways of improving the quality of designs and other project issues.
- Works in collaboration with colleagues across different departments and third party vendors.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor.
Work is primarily of a sedentary, often repetitive nature, however requires the ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, lift and otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds. Additionally must be able to sit for extended periods of time, when necessary. Requires manual dexterity, and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic design.
- Knowledge of interactive design including best practices in technology, usability and user experience
- Extensive experience with Adobe CS6
- Knowledge of email delivery platforms like Documatix or Constant Contact
- Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla
- Remain calm and productive under pressure, with the ability to deliver on short and shifting deadlines.
- Proactive, ambitious, and a passion for details.
- Excellent creative and innovative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Vendor interfacing ability with confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with internal team at different levels in the organization
- Strong pre-press production experience
- Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex issues
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
- Additional Skills Preferred But Not Required:
- Knowledge of Truth in Advertising rules and guidelines
- Experienced in content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla
- Knowledge of banking, credit union, or other financial services
- Experience in video production and editing
- Experience in developing content for online platforms
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and employee interest rate reduction on loans.
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume. To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.