First Front Door610-485-2960 x765
Reserve up to $5,000 NOW towards down payment & closing costs on your first home purchase!
Funds are limited, so reach out today!
We participate in the First Front Door (FFD) grant program, helping first-time homebuyers make their dream of homeownership a reality.
If you qualify for FFD, you could receive $3 in down payment and closing cost assistance for every $1 you contribute, up to a maximum of $5,000. An application to FFD will be made on your behalf by Sun East during an annual application period. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. And new this year, student debt will not be a factor in determining borrower eligibility.
FFD is designed to help first-time homebuyers like you achieve their dream of owning a home. With FFD, you can:
- Access up to $5,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance
- Benefit from the guidance of your mortgage lender
- Experience a quick approval process
- Have up to six months to purchase your home and use the funds
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means they haven’t owned a single-family home used as their primary residence within the past three years, or if purchasing jointly with other individuals, at least one person has not owned a single-family, primary residence in the last three years or if an investment property is owned, the person is not living there and has not owned a single-family, primary residence in the last three years).
- Purchase the home as a primary residence. The mortgage must be secured with the member that is submitting the FFD application.
- Secure a first mortgage through a participating lender such as Sun East.
- Have an income at or below 80% of the area median income, as recorded at https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete required homeownership counseling prior to closing that includes the topic of predatory lending. A list of approved counseling agencies is available at www.firstfrontdoor.com.
- Contribute personal funds toward down payment and closing costs.
- Agree to own the home for five years. A five-year FFD Real Estate Retention Agreement must be secured.
- Additional qualifications may apply.
Don’t worry if you have questions!
Sun East will review these and other FFD requirements with you.