Privacy and Security Policy(610) 485-2960
As a Sun East member, your privacy and security are important to us. Find out how we protect you and how you can protect yourself by recognizing, preventing, and reporting fraudulent activity.
View our Privacy Notice. We are dedicated to protecting your personal information and maintaining your trust in us. While our privacy policies are the same whether you are online or not, we have extra measures in place to protect your privacy when you bank online with Sun East.
General Use. As a general policy, Sun East does not automatically collect personal information from users of its website. Sun East does collect and store information on the domain a user uses to access its website, the Internet address of the website from which a user links to Sun East’s website and the date and time of the visitor’s visit to Sun East’s website. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to its website and track the route a user travels while within the credit union’s website to better service users through improved design and site navigation.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA prohibits unfair or deceptive acts or practices in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of personally identifiable information from and about children on the Internet. Sun East does not knowingly market or solicit information from minors. Sun East is committed to protecting the online privacy of the children who visit our website.
Sun East may periodically offer youth services on our website for the convenience and education of children of our members. We encourage parents or guardians to monitor children when they are online and to participate in any interactive activities offered on the website.
Electronic Mail. Personal information transmitted to us may be used by staff to respond to inquiries for service or information, or to improve the service we provide. Since email messages may not be secure against interception by unauthorized individuals, users may want to seek alternatives to email when it is necessary to provide sensitive or personal information. Likewise, Sun East will not transmit sensitive or personal information that can compromise or violate a user’s privacy when communicating via email. You may not send electronic mail to us that is illegal, obscene, profane, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights; or contains harmful code, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, or mass mailings; or violates any applicable law, such as the CANSPAM Act.
Mobile App. The use of the Sun East Mobile App may request access to data located on your device. This may include biometric, camera, contacts, and location data. Members will be prompted to allow access to this data, and if access is not allowed, the feature requiring that data will not be fully functional.
Data collected will enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if the Member expressly authorizes the collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored continuously in the background, only while the Sun East App is being used, or not at all, depending on the Members selection. Members can change their location permissions at any time in their device settings. By using the Sun East Mobile App, we may collect specific information from you such as:
Personal Information You Provide to Us
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
• We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
• If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, to send you a reply.
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
Information collected via Technology
• Device data, such as your device’s iOS or Android operating system type and version, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Sun East application or website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the application, we will collect your location information when you use the application; for example, to provide fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
How we use your information collected in the APP
In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Mobile App to respond to your requests as submitted through the application, to provide you the services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways to:
• facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
• identify you and your device as a legitimate user in our system;
• provide improved administration of the services;
• provide the services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with the services;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
• send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the services.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the service; and
• prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
Cookies. To use some of the services on this Site, “cookies” must be turned on in your browser. In order to make your use of our website more efficient and user friendly, “cookies” are used as a part of our interaction with your browser. A “cookie” is a small file placed on your hard drive by our web server that helps our site to be much more intuitive when you request information. For example, cookies are required to help protect the privacy of a member’s transactions by automatically terminating online sessions if the member forgets to log out. Cookies cannot be used to capture a user’s email address, obtain data from the user’s hard drive or gain confidential or sensitive information about the user. Additionally, a cookie cannot be read by any web site other than the one that set the cookie. We do not use the information collected by these “cookies” for any other purposes.
Sun East cooperates with some third parties to offer a greater array of products and services to our members. These partnerships are often links out to their website and may require a “cookie” for their site to perform properly. You can configure your preferences or options in your browser to warn you when “cookies” are required to fulfill your request. You will have the option not to accept the use of the “cookie”; however, that portion of the site may not function properly.
Third Party Links. This Site contains links to other Internet sites that are not owned or maintained by Sun East Federal Credit Union. This Site provides links to external websites strictly as a web resource for our members. A link between this Site and another website does not constitute a product or program endorsement by Sun East or any of its employees. Unless otherwise stated, Sun East makes no warranties or representations regarding these websites or the products or services offered on them. Sun East does not provide, and is not responsible for, the product, service, overall web site content, security or privacy policies on any external third-party sites. Sun East does not control the privacy or security practices of third parties. You should read the privacy and security policies of the other sites, as their practices may differ from ours.
Online Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and PIN/password and for restricting access to your computer or other devices. It is also extremely important to never allow your computer to save your password. You agree to notify us promptly of any unauthorized use of your password or breach of security. We may terminate your access to any secured areas on the Site to protect your interest or ours. Always exit online banking or other secure areas of the Site properly by using the end session command.
Member-Only Areas. Personal identification (e.g.: member number, PIN/Password) is collected when a valid Sun East member with active Sun East account(s) has registered to enter the secure online banking area of the credit union’s website. This information enables the credit union to regulate access of this information to those who request such access and those entitled to perform transactions on the account(s).
Multi-Factor Authentication: Your online experience with Sun East is always secure with Multi-Factor Authentication protecting your privacy. By asking you, in a one-time enrollment process, for your member number, PIN, password and answers to challenge questions that no one else would know, Sun East is able to verify that you are who you say you are. Then, if we ever detect any uncharacteristic or unusual activity involving your account, we may ask for identity verification using your challenge questions before allowing the user to continue.
Multi-Factor Authentication also allows you to know that you are using the real Sun East Site, and not spoofed site. During your initial login to the online system, you will select an image — known as an eStamp — which will be displayed each time you log on. You will also select an eStamp phrase that will be displayed when the eStamp image appears. Since you select the image and phrase during enrollment, you can be assured each time you log in that you are on this Site and not a fraudulent look alike website.
Other Secure Areas. Personal identification (e.g.: User Name, Password) is collected when users access other secure areas of the credit union’s website, such as the Online Account Opening Service, eStatements and CURewards portal. This information enables the credit union to regulate access of personal or proprietary information to ensure that only authorized users are able to access sensitive information.
Online Forms. Sun East provides several online forms (for example, loan application or Courtesy Pay Privilege Plus) to better serve the needs of members. Personal information provided via any Sun East online form is used only to process the member’s request for service. These forms are transmitted via secured means. However, if the user is concerned about the security of transmitting this information via the Internet, the member is encouraged to contact the Sun East directly at 877-5-SUNEAST • 877-578-6327 to transmit the information another way.
Data Encryption is a process that transposes account information, which is sent from our host server to your browser. The coded data cannot be interpreted or altered without using a defined “key.” The “key” deciphers the information from our server, which in turn allows you to view your account information securely at your desktop. The minimum level of data encryption we require is 128-bit encryption.
VeriSign. For an added level of security, this Site is secured by VeriSign, the leading secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate Authority enabling secure e-commerce and confidential communications for websites, intranets, and extranets. The VeriSign logo will always appear on our Site to assure that you are protected.
Updated April 25, 2023.